Sunday, June 27, 2010

DIY Thread Holder

I have been buying frames when I find a good deal at the thrift store. Art doesn't understand why we need all these frames. I always say this is a good deal I will use it. Well here is one I used. I wanted to make a peg board to hold all my thread in my craft room. I bought the peg board and wooden dowel for about $6 at Lowe's. I picked up the frame below with the lovely painting for $1.98 at the thrift store. Look at my DIY thread holder. I LOVE it!!!! So much easier to find all my thread!




I traced the peg board out using the frame as my pattern, then we cut the peg board with the electric saw. I measured 2 inches along the entire wooden dowel and cut them with the multi-tool. I used the electric sander to smooth all the edges and ends of the dowels.

Finished result!!!



9 comments :

Lina Thomlinson said...

How clever! Great deal finding that cheap frame too!

Caroline @ Artfully Caroline said...

I see one of those being made in my basement in the near future

Caroline

http://ateliercaroline.blogspot.com/

KimMalk said...

This is a good idea - the store-bought ones can be kind of pricey and aren't nearly as cute.

www.you-made-that.com said...

Great idea, I plan to try this out!

Ashlee Marie said...

What a great idea~ I'd love it if you'd stop by my Topsy Turvy Tuesday Link party and add this thread holder!!

Leanne said...

It looks great. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday this week and would love for you to join the party. There's a giveaway you won't want to miss. Hope to see you there.

Jessica said...

I love it!!! What a great idea.

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

uch a clevr idea! I just had to hop over to your blog...could not resist a name like that! So funny! Yes, and chocolate can't mow the lawn either.. lol
Come see what I did with frames and decoupage, over at my blog http://thriftstoredecorjunky.blogspot.com/2010/09/decoupage-frame.html

Amanda said...

I've put together a round up of great ways to organize your craft supplies on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/6-ways-to-get-your-crafts-organized/

If you would like to share the Craft Gossip love and show your visitors you've been featured, you can grab a button here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/