Monday, April 22, 2013

Menu Monday

I am really trying to limit my carbs and sugars. My goal is not to eat carbs and sugars at all during the week. I want to limit my carbs and sugars to very minimal amounts on the weekends. I was on a major sugar overdose for the past few months. I have been eating chocolate like it is going out of style. I will eat "carbs" that are potatoes, corn and beans. They aren't processed carbs, so I don't feel they are bad.

I have done a lot of reading on sugar over the past couple years. It is so frustrating because it is in EVERYTHING. Read a label and you will see sugar or forms of sugar in almost every single container in your fridge. The problem is there are so many yummy foods with carbs and sugar. It is difficult not to eat them. I just want to limit the amount and try to be as healthy as possible, so I am going to take it one day at a time.

Sun-Dried Tomato, Arugula & Goat Cheese Frittata

Meatballs with broccoli

Crockpot chicken thighs with cream of chicken soup and mixed veggies

Turkey Burgers and homemade oven fries - I am going to make the burgers bun-less

Lunch salads this week are strawberry kale salad with goat cheese and taco salad. I eat a lot of kale or spinach salads with different veggies on the top. I have cut out meat to once a day. I love to load up a salad with beans, egg, edamame, peas, carrots and walnuts.



0 comments :