Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Halloween Costumes

This is a long over due post, but I wanted to post about our Halloween costumes. I started thinking about Halloween costumes before George was even born. Art dresses up as a Viking almost every year. There has only been 1 year where he dressed up as a pirate since we have been together. Kids that has almost been 10 years.

We had to be Vikings! I didn't want to do it our first year because George was too little. I knew no one would see us, so we saved it for this past year. I sewed our skirt and pants. We bought the fur from the fabric store. I used some of the fur and some leather strings to tie around our boots, so they were furry. This worked really well. The helmets came from various places - Halloween super store, Amazon, Etsy and a little gift shop.

It was in the 80's on Halloween, so the furs only stayed on for the pictures and to arrive at our party. Once we arrived we quickly shed all our furs. George was darling!










0 comments :