We had quite the scare last week. I have been giving G peanut butter for a couple weeks. He has been eating peanut butter crackers, smoothies with peanut butter and peanut butter on bread. No reaction at all. Last week I gave him peanut butter bread for lunch. He had a reaction within 5 minutes. He broke out in a rash all over his face.
The rash went completely away within an hour. He didn't have any swelling around his face or in his mouth. I kept checking on him. He was running around the house, screaming and playing with no problem. When he laid down for his nap I checked on him numerous times. It was just scary! The peditrician is going to do some allergy testing at this 1 year appointment. I am really this was a fluke or he outgrows it. In the mean time we will be keeping him away from peanut butter.
There is always something to keep you on your toes with motherhood! Have any of you experienced a peanut allergy that later went away?