Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Budget Friendly Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Mother's Day is right around the corner and I am sure some of us could use some budget friendly ideas. To be honest I am so sad about not getting a school made mother's day gift from school this year. I cherish all those gifts made at school! 

George has been asking me what color and kind of flowers I want. He said we are going to need to buy you some flowers soon. I am guessing him and Art have been having some conversations about mother's day. I told him I would like pink tulips. He asked you don't want pink roses? lol

I am not really a flower type person. They are just going to die, so how about getting me something off my Amazon wish list, another pair of the Birkenstock plastic knock off sandals from Target, or a day of no cooking. I told Art not to get me anything this year. I have everything I want or need. 

Here are some ideas that you could share if someone asks what you want. 

Color Street 

I absolutely love Color Street. I can put a set of nail stripes on and they will last me 10-14 days. However I did learn they will not last if you decide to play Lego's and start pulling them apart. I have a couple chips on 2 nails from my Lego building! It was worth it! My favorite color is Swiss & Tell a white color! It's my go to that I wear almost every day. 

Target Plastic Sandals

I bought these sandals to be my "slippers" around the house. I am going to buy a second pair to wear outside of the house. They are soooo comfy! I wanted to buy the Birkenstock plastic sandals, but they are $45 for plastic. I happen to find these at Target for $15. My cousin then told me she bought hers when sandals were 20% plus her 5% Target Card discount, which made them around $9. 

They come in black, silver and white. I have the white ones. I think I will buy another pair of the white. Hey I can bleach them if they get too dirty right. lol


Tie Dyed Tank Top


Tie dye is all the rage right now. I like the colorful subtle tie dye. I do not like the really bold red, blue, yellow, green colors. 

MODARANI Sleeveless Tank Top for Women Casual Loose Fitting Shirts V Neck & U Neck Tunics Floral Printed


Camo Leggings

Colorfulkoala Women's High Waisted Yoga Pants 7/8 Length Leggings with Pockets

I have a pair of the Colorfulkoala black leggings that are AMAZING! I love them! I would like the black and green camo ones. These are the most comfortable leggings! I love that they are high waisted and 7/8 length. I have the hardest time with regular leggings being too long on me. I do not want to be bothered folding them under, so they aren't bunchy. These are perfect and hit right at my ankle. 

Mother's Necklaces


I buy my mother's necklaces from either Mac & Mia or The Silver Wren. Both of these small shops are on Etsy. I have numerous necklaces from each of them and they are amazing quality. I do not take my necklaces off for showers and they have not tarnished. You could not go wrong with either small shop for yourself or a gift. I have sent these necklaces for gifts too! 

Go Ask Your Dad Tshirt

I think every mom needs this tee for mother's day!!!! 




Comfy Pajamas

My mom bought me these pajamas for Christmas. They are so soft, comfy and perfect for hot Texan weather. I have been wearing these a lot of mornings during this pandemic. They are just perfect to lounge in! 



Sleep Eye Mask

If you are going to get some comfy pajamas a sleep eye mask would be perfect to go along with them! This pink silk eye mask is perfect for a mother's day nap! Naps are one of my favorite thing thing on Sunday. 


Do you have a wish list for mother's day? What is one of your favorite gifts you have received in the past? You still have plenty of time to order the perfect gift for that special person who deserves to be celebrated! 

0 comments :