Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thursday

This past week I have been training in San Francisco at one of our offices. Parking in SF is horrendous!!!! There is 2 hour parking....most of the streets have street cleaning in the morning, so it's hard to find a place to park without moving your car. The office manager had an orientation in the early afternoon. When the woman arrived for orientation she parked her car in the metered area. The office manager told her to move her car to another place because it would be at least 2 hours. So the woman moves her car and comes back to finish orientation.

Now this is when things get crazy. I think you might have had to be there to understand why this is humorous. The woman comes back about 10 minutes later after she was done with orientation. She said my car is gone it's been stolen. We all looked at each other. I said let me go outside and see if I can see it....I can't imagine the car was stolen in the middle of the day with lots of people around. We aren't in the ghetto. Plus I wanted to make sure my car was outside. lol There was no car where she said she parked it. There were some other cars that were the same color on the street. While I was gone the office manager helped her call the police. This woman had NO idea what year her car was, license plate #, or anything. She barely could describe the car to us. UGH!

Finally we found out the car had been towed because she was blocking a driveway. OBLIVIOUS!!!!!! I called the police to find out where it was taken, was given the towing company info, called them to see where they were located and when she could pick up her car. The car was already there. It was going to be $243.50. They MAYBE had the car an hour. If she didn't get there before 5:30 they would charge her an additional $43 bucks.

Then the woman says well I have no idea how I am going to get there or even how public transportation works. She has an accent and I can barely understand her. She left the office and said she was going to try to find some way to get her car. At this point I just cracked up laughing. We all felt bad her car was stolen, but she was so clueless. I said to the office manager are you sure you want to hire her to help take care of elderly people?

After work I head to the library to pick up some books I had on hold. I see 2 of the books on shelf and there is a large cloth bag with 10 books that has my name on it. I take all the items to the counter and told the guy. I think there has been a terrible mistake why do I have 10 of the exact same book? He said you ordered the book club version. I said can I just have one book? I had to take all 10 books or order just the single copy. WHAT! LOL At this point I just busted up laughing. Ok I will order the single copy and wait.

0 comments :