Friday, May 6, 2016

Rainy Day Bathtub Painting

Rainy days can be rough days with a toddler. What in the world do you do to keep them busy? 

Bathtub painting for the win over here! I went to the Dollar Tree to buy some baby wash. I mixed 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1/8 cup of baby wash, 3 drops of food coloring and 1 teaspoon of water. Next time I will probably add a little more food color for richer colors. 

I grabbed 2 paint brushes, paints, stripped G and headed to the bathtub. I put him in a diaper. We have had too many incidents with poop in the tub to put him in there naked. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do at first. I painted a little on the wall. He got it and had a blast. One of the best thing is after he was done painting I ran a bath and he had a fun bubble bath. The paint washes right off. It didn't stain him at all. 

The next day he woke up at 6am. He took me to the bathroom, pointed to the cabinet where I stored the extra paint and pointed to the tub. I told him it was waaaaaay too early to be painting at 6am. Thankfully he is easily distracted with milk and Blue's Clues. 








0 comments :