Monday, March 20, 2017

Paleo Chili

I recently made a paleo chili. I have mentioned before how much I love soups. I usually can make the majority of soups paleo friendly; however, I struggled with chili. I had to just think outside the box. Instead of beans I grabbed a bunch of veggies. This is my version of paleo turkey chili. 


This picture doesn't do the chili justice. 

1 pound ground turkey 
1 pound zucchini cut into cubes
1/2 onion diced
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1 bell pepper diced
3 stalks of celery
3 tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon of salt

I cut up all the veggies and dumped them in the crockpot. I poured 2 cans of organic stewed tomatoes in, crushed my garlic, salt and chili powder in the crockpot. I didn't precook the ground turkey meat. I took the defrosted meat, broke it apart and mixed it into the chili. While it all cooked the meat cooked too. It really worked well plus saved time and dishes. You could use any type of ground meat. I happen to have turkey on hand, so that is what I used. I cooked it on low for about 4 hours. 

This was a really easy meal and very delicious! This would go great over a bake potato or some cauli rice. 

0 comments :