Sunday, January 25, 2009

Apple Pie

Apple Pie
Tonight all the Post's will be at our place for a turkey dinner. I made homemade apple pie for dessert. Here are a couple pictures of my 2 pies. I put one in the freezer for another time. Grandma Fischer always says to freeze a pie just in case you get company. Art is allergic to cinnamon, so I didn't sprinkle cinnamon on the pie I am making tonight.



I love the pie crust recipe. It's so flake and yummy! Here is the recipe.
Pie Crust
3 c. flour
1 t. salt
1 1/2 c. shortening
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vinegar
cold water (~5-7 T)
mix salt and flour, cut in shortening
Mix in egg, vinegar, and water.
This should make 3 crusts
Bake at 400
Apple Pie Filling

1 c. sugar
2 T. flour
1 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. nutmeg
1/8 t. salt
6-8 medium sized apples
2 T. butter
combine sugar, flour, salt, and spices.
Mix in apples.
Fill pastry, dot with butter and put the top crust on -
make sure you cut out "vents" in the top crust.

1 comments :

lacey said...

LOL LOL LOL such a lil suzy home maker you are LOL