Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home made laundry soap




Recipe:
1 1/4 cups white vinegar
1 cup baking soda
1 cup washing soda
1 cup borax
1/4 cup liquid castile soap
Mix in a large, non-metal bowl. Start with the vinegar and continuously stir as you add each powder. Try to stir out and break up any clumps. Finish with the liquid soap. It will seem wet, like a thick paste, but keep stirring and it will begin to flake and crumble into a moist ‘powdered detergent’. KEEP STIRRING! If you quit too early, you’ll find a very hard block the next time you go to use it. So use them biceps and stir it to completion. You’ll end up with a sort of soft clumpy cake-y ‘loaf’, that will easily crumble off for use.
I used a Ziploc container to store my soap. I didn't stir it enough. I was able to pop the soap out of the container. I broke up all the soap into a powder. I used it twice already and it works GREAT! It was sooo cheap to make. I have enough ingredients to make another 3 or 4 batches.
I found this recipe on Bonzai Aphrodite blog.

0 comments :