Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes & MORE tomatoes!

Art & I picked all the ripe tomatoes on Sunday.  The plan was to pick all the tomatoes and make salsa.  I thought there was only going to be enough tomatoes this round to make salsa. A BIG Laugh right here!!! Boy was I wrong.

I made 3 quarts and 9 pints of salsa. I didn't even put a dent in the tomatoes. I should have taken another picture of the tomatoes after I made salsa. I then made 2 pots of tomato sauce. Recipes will be coming up soon. I canned 2 quarts of tomato sauce, 3 pints, sent one large bowl of sauce to the in laws, and froze 2 containers of sauce. 

We still have TONS of tomatoes that are on the vine green. Next round will be more salsa.  We eat a lot of salsa throughout the year.  I am trying to can enough, so we don't have to buy any in 2011/2012.


Above picture is all the tomatoes, pumpkin, jalapenos and a couple cucumbers.






5 comments :

Krystal R said...

Yeehawwwwwwwww, look at all those tooooo-maters!!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you made with all these beauties!

Elizabeth Layson said...

I have an idea for your tomatoes. Send your cousin ELIZABETH some salsa :)

gracie@ohgraciepie said...

Wow! What an assortment!!! Good job!

LWLH said...

Good God that is alot of tomatoes. :)

Unknown said...

I am pretty crazy about tomatoes lately myself...love them on toast with basil leaves and mozzarella. You have a new follower:) Please follow back at http://aspiringnewmoms.blogspot.com