Monday, December 30, 2013

Menu Monday

Well it's time to use up the Christmas dinner leftovers. I had lots of mash potatoes and ham leftover. It doesn't matter how many mash potatoes I make we have a lot left over. This year we made about half of what I normally make, but still had tons left. Next year I am going to make 2 potatoes, so I don't have any left. lol 

Mash potato leftovers are great for shepherds pie. My mom had put some ground hamburger in our freezer when she was here. I grabbed the hamburger, pie crust, frozen veggies (always have some in the freezer), can of cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese and the leftover mash potatoes. I mix the hamburger, veggies, and cream of mushroom soup together. Dump it in the pie pan, sprinkle the cheese over top, spread the potatoes over the cheese and wa-la shepherds pie. I was able to make 2. I put one in the freezer and one in the fridge. 

Ham leftovers I am going to make ham & potato soup

Art and I made homemade sausage from scratch. I will have a whole post about our sausage making. We will be having sausage & sauerkraut for dinner. 

Turkey burgers & homemade fries

Stew - My mom made this delish stew while I was visiting my family in PA. Pork or beef stew meat, 2 packages of brown gravy, 1 package of dry ranch dressing, potatoes, & carrots. Mix the gravy & ranch together with one cup of water. Put meat, potatoes, carrots, gravy & ranch mixture into a crockpot for 6 hours on low. Super delish and easy!

Steak, mash potatoes and swiss chard



0 comments :