Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

The older I get the more I realized what a great childhood I had. My parents were very protective of us kids. They sheltered us from a lot which kept us innocent. I never had a fear of my parents abusing us in any way. As I have gotten older the relationship with my dad has become great. We have always got a long. I remember when things kind of changed I was in my early 20's. We started to develop more of a friendship and closeness that when I was younger. 

The majority of our phone calls are us laughing. We like a lot of the same tv shows, have crazy little sayings that probably no one else understands and like to be goofy. We also have really good talks about life. I know I can call him for advice, to vent, or just for a laugh. My dad doesn't understand he doesn't have to answer his cell phone all the time. There are times he will answer to say I have to call you back. Lacey and I ask him why do you answer if you can't talk? lol

Last night we were on the phone as we were watching Family Feud. We were commenting on these women dresses that were a terrible choice. He says look at her dress it's so tight it looks like she has a hernia. I was laughing so hard I was crying! 

My parents balanced each other out while raising us. When one was hard on us the other would usually talk some sense into them. lol I remember my mom got mad when I came home 15 minutes late one time and ground me for I think a month. It was the first time I had ever come home late. I know she was trying to teach me a lesson. I remember hearing my dad say a month? Don't you think that is a bit rough? I think it was reduced to 1 or 2 weeks. It was not reduced that night, but a few days later. Now there are times my dad was hard on me and my mom had to talk to him. 


Hanging out reading a horse magazine


Hey, look at all my Christmas gifts!!


How about the mix of plaid???  We do need to work on my dads wardrobe. lol 

I look around this insane world we live in and realize just how lucky I am to have a fabulous Fausha!!





0 comments :