Monday, December 21, 2009

Corn Chowder

I got this delish recipe from Samsters Mommy. I made it last night. It's sooooo yummy. I had to substitute a few things, since I didn't have everything the recipe called for. It still tasted GREAT! I will make this again!!!!


Ingredients:
2 cans corn
3 cu chicken broth
1/2 half & half (I used 8 oz of milk)
6 slices bacon ( I used turkey bacon)
1 onion- chopped
3 yellow potatoes- peeled, cut into 1" cubes
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (didn't have cheddar cheese, so used monterey cheese)
1/4 cu flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp thyme (I used Italian Seasoning)
In your large pot cook bacon over med-low until crispy. Some Once crispy remove from pot. Add onions & saute until translucent. If they start to stick than go ahead and add a drizzle of olive oil. Next add your flour, salt, pepper & thyme. Cook the flour/onion mixture for 3 minutes stirring well. Add chicken stock & potatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add corn, half & half, cheese & season with additional s & p if necessary. Heat through for another 3 minutes & serve hot with bacon bits as topping.

0 comments :