Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Craziest Beauty Product

Recently I read the CRAZIEST beauty secret to help keep your face dry all day long. Put a little bit of milk of magnesia on a cotton ball and rub it on your face. WHAT!!!! I thought there is NO way this would work and wouldn't your face get sticky from the stuff?  

I have issues with my forehead getting super greasy as the day goes on. My nose also gets a little greasy too.  I do not wear foundation or powder on my face. In my teens and early 20's I always used foundation. I had issues with my forehead and jawline breaking out often.  Some of the break outs could have been my age, hormones and the way I ate. In my middle 20's I stopped using foundation completely.  On rare occasions I will use foundation. Once I stopped using foundation on a daily basis my breakouts stopped. I also wasn't ever a fan of using foundations/powders in the summer. I do not like to sweat and have brown gunk running down my face. YUCK!

I decided I would give this $3.99 beauty tip a try! This could be one of the cheapest ways to cut grease lol  I bought the name brand at Target because the generic was sold out. I buy generic brands 90% of the time to save on cost. Typically the generic products are exactly the same. 

I used it on Sunday. Rubbed it over my forehead and nose. My face wasn't sticky at all. I kept testing out my forehead through the day to see if it was sticky....nope!  Sunday was a rather warm day and got up to about 76. I took a nap, woke up and my face was still dry. I tend to be a very warm sleeper, so I thought that might be the test of the milk of magnesia. My face was dry until I washed it around 7pm. AMAZING! No grease at all where I applied it! 

I read some reviews where women couldn't use it straight because it started to dry out their skin. You can do a mixture of half MoM and water. Or use it every other day. It all depends on your skin type. Experiment to see what works best for you. The amount used is such a small amount it will take forever to use the bottle.   

I <3 this stuff and I plan to use it daily on my forehead!!


0 comments :