Friday, August 24, 2012

Hot Cross Buns

I think I learned a song in piano years ago that was called hot cross buns or it was a nursery rhyme thing. I can't remember where I heard it, but when I made these rolls the other night hot cross buns came to mind. Do you like King's Hawaiian rolls? If so then these are a MUST on your baking list. They taste just like King's Hawaiian rolls! Mmmmmm  I found this recipe on Pinterest and have been saving it for ages. Finally I got up the energy to make them last week. I believe the blogger that posted them is www.kim-thislittlelifeofmine.blogspot.com



Ingredients:
1 cup of water
½ cup of sweetened condensed milk *I used fat-free
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of butter
3 1/3 cups of bread flour*
2 teaspoons of yeast

Directions:
Dissolve water and yeast first. Then add the remaining ingredients to your kitchen aid mixer with the dough attachment. Mix everything until full incorporated. When completed mixed, remove and separate dough into 3 sections. I put one section into a bread pan and the rest I used to make rolls. Let raise for 25-30 minutes. Brush melted butter or egg white on the top of the dough prior to putting it in the oven. Bake at 340 for 30-45 minutes. I baked the rolls for 25 minutes, but they were a little over baked. I would bake them for 15-20 minutes. 

Put on a cooling rack. Once cooled put some butter in the middle and ENJOY! They are so tasty!

0 comments :