Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful

The start of 2012 was a rough start. You can read more about it in My Biggest Fear Became a Reality. The past week I have been pretty down thinking of turning 32, being away from my family for the holidays, and no babies yet.

As I sat in church today I thought of the fact I have life. I could have died this past January. Although I never thought I would die that day. I knew I would be just fine. I remember thinking of just my poor husband that day trying to find me in the ER. I kept telling the nurse to go find him. When I heard him in the hallway of the ER I knew everything would be just fine.

Each year I put off going back to school and planning vacations for the future year. I don't plan either of those things because just maybe I could end up pregnant and carry the baby to full term. If I was pregnant we can't be traveling all over. I don't want to be in school and giving birth. Well 2013 is going to be a different year.

We bought a cruise to Alaska for this next summer. In January I am going back to school full time to finish my AA. It is time to get these things done. Although I am nervous how am I going to handle 3 classes while working full time. I am making it a goal to finish the last 5 classes by the end of summer. I will just have to put some of my life on hold to finish things I have started.

I also need to work on being thankful for the things I do have in the last few days of 2012 and all of 2013 instead of the things I do not have. 



2 comments :

Kendra said...

I'm so proud of you! And jealous! Alaska is going to be AWESOME!!!

Elizabeth Layson said...

I'm so inspired by these decisions. You are the best cousin a girl could ask for :-)