Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Happy 8 Years!

We made it through the 7 year itch to 8 years of marriage!!! 

As I look back over the past year I am so very happy with where we are today. We have been through some crappy crappy stuff over the past year. There was a period I thought crap we aren't going to make it to 8 years. That is just the reality of how things went. We have pushed through some rough stuff to make things work. I am proud of both of us for working on ourselves this year to make us better for the other. 

When I decided to marry Art I never questions if he loved me or would be faithful to me.  Faithfulness in a spouse is priceless! I am thankful I found that in my spouse. He has loved me through some dark times in our marriage. He has seen me at my worst. I remember the first time I was sick when we were dating. I had him take me to urgent care when I had strep throat. He made me smile or laugh the whole way there. I finally had to ask him to stop making me laugh because I was so horribly sick I just didn't have the strength. 

We have spent a lot of smiling and laughing in our marriage. The pranksters in each of us have helped keep our marriage fun. Maybe next year instead of an anniversary gift I should turn it into another April's Fools Day. Oh how I love when I get him on a good prank. This reminds me I need to blog about the great ones I pulled on him this year. 

My heart is full and running over as we enter into year 8! 

0 comments :