Thursday, December 8, 2016

Fitness

I have missed running! I have tried to run over the past four years, but I ended up needing 4-7 days rest after running. I ran a 5K in September 2012. I ran after that regularly until January 2013. Once I had cancer I struggled to get back into running. Then the whole MS crap happened and I just didn't have the energy. Even this past spring I tried to run. I spent days exhausted barely able to function. I thought my running days are over. It was hard on me mentally because I am young. I see lots of other people doing it why can't I? 

Over the past few months I have walked, lots of cardio, yoga and ran a little. It would feel so good to run even a little bit. When I was out for a walk I would run short distances. I would pick a goal and run to that place. Then walk some etc. Similar to Couch to 5K. Well imagine the day when I was able to run a couple miles! I was ECSTATIC!!!! It felt so amazing! I didn't need days to recover either. 

I told my dad that I went for a run. He said he didn't understand exercise. Why not just do some work for 20-30 minutes. Go for a walk and check some fence. Mow a lawn. Take the neighbors dog for a walk. Oh boy! Here is the rancher talking! I called him the other day to let him know I took some of his advice. Instead of going for a walk I cleaned up our back yard for two hours! He said I only needed to do about 20 minutes of continuous movement. It wasn't necessary to do hours. lol Oh dad! 

When I first started working out 3-4 days a week I felt it was kind of hopeless. Would I ever get my weight back down or feel good again. I have just listened to my body. If I have felt really exhausted or didn't sleep good I haven't pushed myself to work out. Other days I try to get at least 25 minutes of exercise in. George loves it when I run. He will say go fast momma go fast! 

It's been a long road to getting back to where I was prior to January 2013. Part of me never will be. I am below the weight I was then, I can exercise again like I did back then and I finally moving on with life outside of the black cloud that has hung over our heads. 

0 comments :