Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31

Today I woke up with a spring to my step. As I was getting ready to head out the house I thought how different one year makes. Last year I spent 30 minutes pacing around the house. One year ago today I quit my job and entered the unemployment line. I did this during one of the worst economical times. I was at my breaking point with my former boss. I packed up my office and headed out the door never to look back. It was the BEST decision I have ever made!!!! Not one day have I regret walking out. Even when I had no idea if I was going to find a job and money was tight did I think oh I shouldn't have done that!

In the past year the week long headaches, stomach aches, crying and screaming has come to an end. My husband no longer suffers from me flying through the front door on my broom. If I do fly through the door on my broom it's because of some crazy people on Bart or in my 4 mile drive. I no longer receive phone calls from work on vacation, on the weekends, at night or early in the morning. The day before my wedding I received a work call as I was running around like a crazy person...can you help us get this report done. ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?

I quit my job on the day my husband was promoted. What timing. He was worried how we were going to make it and why I couldn't find a job before quitting. If you have ever been at the end of your rope that is maybe the only way you could understand what I did. I didn't fall off the rope....I tried a knot and held on. Best knot I've tied at the end of my rope!!!!

I was unemployed for 2 months, found a job for 3 months and then came to work for my current employer. I now have a WONDERFUL boss who shares my name. She treats me like a respectable human.

I feel like the past year has actually been 2-3 years instead of just one. It has taken me almost a year to get over some issues. I spent 8 years of my life at my old job and my life revolved around work.

Tonight we will have a celebration! Every year we will celebrate March 31 as a wonderful day.

0 comments :