Saturday, July 31, 2010

Master Bedroom Wall Decor

I have been struggling as to what to do with the large walls in our master bedroom. I found this inspiration on Remodelholic and saved it as a favorite. I have been collecting picture frames for MONTHS....not sure what I was going to do with all of them. I knew at some point I would find a use. I am proud to say I have used every single picture frame I have bought.

I spray painted all the picture frames black. I used Lowe's .99 black gloss spray paint. They keep the cheap stuff hidden, but it works awesome!


Black Master Bedroom Wall

I decided I needed to lay out all my picture frames on the floor to figure out where I wanted everything. I then took an old Rachael Ray Magazine and cut out the picture frame size in paper.
Traced around each picture frame, cut it out, and taped it to the wall.
Here are the picture frames laid out with the papers over the top
All the papers taped on the wall

FINISHED!
I'm very pleased with the end results. I have a "P" I might but on the green plate or inside the picture frame above the green plate. The two little pictures in the large frame are of DH and I as 1 year olds.


4 comments :

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

How cute you have pictures of you two when you were both one. Looks good a great way to fill up a wall space.

Moe said...

what a neat idea! I love how it turned out too!

so glad I stopped by from the DIY Showoff!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Great wall. And what a good idea to make those cut outs first!


XOXO
Jen

Lyndsey said...

So cute!!! Good job!!!