Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Red Pencil Skirt

I have been wanting a JCrew red pencil skirt, but I don't want to pay $100+.  I have kept my eyes open at different stores to see if I can find something similar. I haven't had any luck. I decided maybe I could make myself one.  I ran to the fabric store on Saturday. They had 40% off fabric and patterns for $1.99.

I was a little nervous to make the skirt because I don't have the best luck with sewing myself things. Usually they turn out too big or too small. I also haven't ever made a skirt with darts. I measured myself to see which size I should sew. Here is another thing with sewing I am 4 sizes larger according to the pattern than what I buy in the store. How does that work?

It took me about an hour to make the skirt from start to finish. The pattern was super simple. I even mastered darts! I am pleased with how great it turned out!  I am going to make myself a couple more skirts with the pattern. I have cream & brown herringbone fabric I want to use next.


The picture above turned out kind of weird! The flash didn't go off and the background was super white!



3 comments :

~The Moses Family said...

Look at you, hot mama!! Kudos on your sewing skills too! You look great. :)

Unknown said...

great job! Love the idea of a red pencil skirt =)

Kendra said...

Very nice! I have been wanting a bright red and a camel skirt. Do you take orders? ;)