Friday, November 18, 2016

Favorite Mascara!


One of my favorite mascaras was Covergirl Super Size. I love how it made my eyelashes long with just a couple coats. Mascara and eyeliner are something I didn't really look into what ingredients were in them until I started with BeautyCounter. How could I post about using safe products and use products with harmful ingredients? I recently look at the ingredients of my favorite mascara and wasn't happy with what I found.
I found that there are ingredients that may alter important hormone mechanisms in our bodies, endocrine disruptor's, and cause toxic to organs.
Oh it's just a little mascara what harm can that do? It can do a lot of harm to your body. I have switched over to BeautyCounter mascara and it is AMAZING! My eyelashes haven't ever looked better!
Here is the ingredient list from the mascara: Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Polyethylene, Propylene Carbonate, Lecithin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.
Here is the Never List and what these ingredients can do to you:
Parabens (methyl-, isobutyl-, propyl- and others): a class of preservatives commonly used to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold. Parabens are endocrine (or hormone) disruptors, which may alter important hormone mechanisms in our bodies. Found in: shampoo, face cleanser, body wash, body lotion, foundation.
Polyethylene glycol (PEG compounds): PEGs are widely used in cosmetics as thickeners, solvents, softeners, and moisture-carriers. Depending on manufacturing processes, PEGs may be contaminated with measurable amounts of ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane, which are both carcinogens. Found in: creams, sunscreen, shampoo.
Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA): a chelating (binding) agent added to cosmetics to improve stability. May be toxic to organs. Found in: hair color, moisturizers.

Besides all these ingredients I really love how BeautyCounter mascara lengthens my eyelashes!


I'm wearing the lengething mascara in the picture above and the Plum Lip Sheer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick!  It is so hydrating! My lips don't feel dried out. It has jojoba as one of it's ingredients a plant that helps deeply moisturize skin. 

.

0 comments :