Friday, May 14, 2010

Purchases

The last 2 days we have been looking for a new refrigerator. I wanted a bargain, so I was willing to go to 100 places. We looked at a place near where we live that sells used appliances. They were out of control with their prices. They wanted $500 for a used 25 cubic foot side by side fridge. Today we went to Fry's, Best Buy and Lowe's.

Art started to tell the guy at Best Buy we wanted to order a fridge, but his cheap wife stopped him. I said can we please go look at Lowe's first. Best Buy had a white side by side 25 cubic foot fridge on sale for $809.00. They wouldn't allow us to use our 10% off coupon because it was already 10% off. They wanted to charge us $30 to deliver the fridge on Monday.

Off we went to Lowe's. I had a 10% off coupon for Lowe's too. We needed to pick up some yard stuff for it wasn't a wasted trip. We found the exact same fridge for $799. I asked the sales woman if I could use my coupon, when it could be delivered and how much the delivery fee was. I could use my coupon, we would get the fridge the next day and the delivery fee is FREE. Plus they would take away our old fridge. SOLD! She rings it up and it's $719....IT'S ON SALE! We walked out of there buying the fridge for $647. I was soooo excited! I felt we got an awesome deal!

Earlier in the day we went to Macy's Outlet store. I was soooo overwhelmed walking into this place. It's like furniture heaven! Couches, chairs, area rugs, millions of mattresses, beds, dressers etc. I would like to buy a sectional couch for our living room. I am in no rush, but just wanted to look. Of course I found one I love. I just don't feel I can justify it right now since we bought a fridge. The fridge was in the budget, but I want to be careful with our money.

I did purchase this little beauty below. I spent $31 bucks for this runner. It was previously $100. I put it by our front door. I like it there, but I can't open the closet. :( I am not sure what I will do, but for now it's staying put!


I put Art to work tonight. We put up our towel racks in both bathrooms. Finally at 10:30 Art said it's bedtime I am done drilling holes. lol I am close to being done with the bathrooms. Below is the hand towel holder I bought at Home Good's for $5.

0 comments :