Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pizza Crust - Carb Free

I haven't ate any carbs or sugar since July 4.  I have only missed a couple items.  One of them is popcorn, but I haven't found another alternative.  Another one is pizza.  I found a recipe for a carb free pizza crust.  I made a pizza with this recipe for Art & I the other night.  We both really liked it.  Lots of flavor and hit the spot!

Deep Dish Pizza Crust

4 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese grated
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese

In medium bowl whisk cream cheese until smooth.  Whisk in eggs until creamy.  Add parm cheese & seasons.  Stir in 8oz mozzarella until completely moistened.  Spread mixture evenly in a 9x13 baking dish lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.  Once crust is cooked then add sauce and toppings. Bake again until cheese melts on the top of the pizza.



3 comments :

LWLH said...

I'm going to try this :)

Crazy Town ND said...

O sounds so yummy!!!

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try this! My mom is on a low carb diet and LOVES pizza!