Friday, December 16, 2011

Fashion Help!!!!

I decided it was time I need to put a little more thought into what I wear on a daily basis.  I seem to grab a top and skirt/pants and run out the door each morning. I need to get back into the swing of things and work on my style.  I told my friend Kendra I was going to be cleaning out my closet over the weekend and how I wish she lived closer to come help me with coordinate outfits.  She sent me an email with a bunch of fashion blogs. I spent waaaay too much time Saturday night and Sunday looking through them. BUT I got a lot of great ideas. I read J's Everyday Fashion for HOURS on Saturday. She has such adorable style. It is also time to break out of soooo much black.  Black is a staple in my closet. If I am in a hurry just grab something black with another item and run out the door.

I went into my closet and though oh my gosh I have no clothes. I will talk about cleaning out my closet in another post. I am down to the bare minimum with clothing. I need to work with what I have and mix it up.  First I put on black tights, black ruffled shirt, black skirt and a red sweater. WAY too much black. I took off the black skirt and put on a gray skirt. Then I changed my sweater to a hot pink one. The red one is a little big and just looked frumpy.

My parents bought me the black booties last year for Christmas. How sad is it that it took a me an entire year to get up the courage to wear them. I wanted them soooo badly, but then they sat in the closet for a year. This is the second time I have worn them.

Here is what I came up with to wear to church last Sunday. I actually really liked my outfit and was pleased I mixed a few things together.






At the last minute I threw on a flower. It added a little more to the outfit.



Here I am sporting my winter hat for ND! Isn't it adorable?

2 comments :

Krystal R said...

You look pretty darn fashionable here!! I love it, and those black booties are adorable on you!!

Kendra said...

So CUTE!!! Good job mixing what you have! And I love those booties! A good way to get some bang out of what you have without buying much is accessorizing. Earrings and necklaces always fit. Don't forget to shop at 'the will' for new stuff ;)