Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was delicious!!!!  I brined the turkey based on Krystal's instructions. It was the BEST turkey EVER!  Brining is the way to go! I will brine all our turkeys going forward. I already told mom if we have turkey for Christmas that we have to brine it. It was so moisted and had the best flavor.

Here is our turkey in the bucket soaking overnight. I flipped it after about 3 hours before I went to bed. I was not going to get up in the middle of the night to flip the turkey. When I woke up around 7am I flipped the turkey again. Worked out pretty good.

mmmmm here is our baked turkey. Look how nice & golden it is!



Thanksgiving spread! There was not a lack of food to go around for 4 people.





Art & Meredith getting ready to go through the buffet line.







Art Sr. looking all serious! It is serious business to eat a big Thanksgiving meal!





Mmmmm homemade pumpkin pie.



0 comments :