Friday, June 8, 2012

Fitness Friday

Well it's time to get back into sweating off the calories! I took a week off from exercising while Danielle was here. Although we did walk about 2 + miles in San Francisco. That is a whole story of it's own!

Here are some things you can do at home. I am not sure if I believe the world's fastest workout burns as many calories as a 40-60 minute run. I bet you burn some calories, but I don't think you would burn a 1,000 calories. When I run I burn about 500+ calories in 30 minutes. 

{Source: here}

Planks are AMAZING! I have been able to see the difference from doing planks in my  core. 

{Source: here}

I have been following the Fitnessista for about the past 7-8 months. I have learned so much from her. I love her blog! I have the picture below of 10 ways to plank saved on my phone. Sometimes at night I will bust out a few planks. She suggested in one of her blog posts to do a plank for 10 seconds, rest for 3 seconds, plank for 10 seconds, rest for 3 seconds for a full minute. I find it MUCH more manageable to plank for a shorter period of time then trying to bust out a 1 minute plank. While they do not look hard boy does the time drag in plank position. 

{source: here}

Happy Friday!!!!

0 comments :