Monday, June 10, 2013

HCG Diet Update

I started the HCG diet 14 days ago. As of yesterday (day 13) I was down 14.5 pounds. I have finally lost all the weight I gained since surgery. I can't even tell you how fabulous it feels to finally be down to where I started and for my clothes to fit again. My clothes have been fitting, but they were tight. My skirts were tight across my stomach which hiked them up. Those 14 pounds sure make a big difference. Finally one thing is back to normal. The rest of my body is a long ways from getting back to where it use to be, but at least my weight is under control. My goal is to lose another 8 pounds. Hopefully I will be able to do that in the next 7 days. 

Last weekend I went to Costco to buy some new sunglasses. Costco now accepts VSP, so I was able to use my VSP benefits. Why is it as soon as I found a pair and checked out the sales people start bringing out new styles. They had a super cute pair with a bow. Next round I am getting the bow pair. 

In the picture below you can see my scar. I have been putting vitamin E on it each night and rubbing the scar in a circular motion. Around the scar use to be all raised and half of that is gone. The skin is smooth and is fading a little. I have been very diligent with making sure my scar is always covered when I am outside. I have been wearing a scarf 98% of the time. The other 2% I have used my hair to cover my scar when I am outside. I have decided not to cut my hair. I need to keep it long, so it will cover my scar until it fades. 

T-shirt & Cardigan: The Loft
Skirt: NY & CO
Shoes: Sears
Necklace: Etsy
Sunnies: Costco