Monday, June 17, 2013

Where is Menu Monday?

Menu Monday will return next week. Tomorrow I can start eating more food. I am tempted to go until Saturday with the limited calories and food. We will see by the end of today how I feel about extending it a few more days. Eating more variations of food is VERY tempting at this point. 

One thing I am excited to eat again is Mexican food. I LOVE Mexican food and could eat it every single day of the week. Usually on Sunday after church Art and I go out to eat for Mexican food as a place close to our house. At this point I have gone 20+ days without Mexican food. I am ddddyyyyyiiinnnnngggg!!!! 

Well I ran across this food blog called Slim Palate which lots of gluten free, Paleo and grain free recipes. There is a recipe on the blog for cauliflower tortillas.  I am NOT a fan of cauliflower AT ALL. I can't stand it cooked period! There are very few foods I do not like, but cooked cauliflower, lentils and black olives are at the top of my list. I will eat cauliflower raw with some ranch dressing. At this point I want Mexican food so bad I am going to try out cauliflower tortillas. They actually look really good. 

I have been dairy free for the past 21 days and my goal is to continue to stay dairy free. If I have cheese it will be goat cheese. I had switched to coconut milk this year. I just like coconut milk for my chai lattes. 

Prior to doing the HCG diet I was trying not to eat carbs and sugar. I was failing miserably. Every day I would eat chocolate and carbs. I just couldn't stay away from the stuff.  It has really helped my cravings for carbs and sugar, since I went hard core. I would crave all the things I shouldn't eat all day long. I had no self control, so what better way to get yourself in check then to eliminate all of it from my diet. 

I will go back to having my veggie/fruit smoothies for breakfast each day. Lunches will continue to be a salad and something sensible for dinner. I can't have carbs or sugar until sometime in July during phase 3 of the HCG diet.  I am going to try to stay away from carbs and sugar until we go on our cruise in August. There is a lot of controversy regarding sugar and cancer. Sugar simply isn't good for people and it is in almost every single thing people each day. 

Next week I will have a carb & sugar free menu! 



0 comments :