Monday, May 19, 2014

Cheater Caramel Rolls

My Grandma Fischer always made the BEST caramel rolls growing up. I have been craving them for a couple weeks. I didn't want to make the dough. I wanted the yummy caramel rolls, but I didn't want to do all the work. I decided to be lazy and make a cheater version. 

I bought a half roll of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls in the refrigerator section. Did you know they sell just 5 rolls in a package? I already had heavy whipping cream and brown sugar at home. I put 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and a 1/4 cup of brown sugar in a sauce pan, brought it to a boil and then poured it over the cinnamon rolls. I baked them for 12 minutes and wa-la they were AMAZING! They tasted just as good as homemade caramel rolls. I really think it is the sauce that makes caramel rolls amazing!


0 comments :