Monday, January 2, 2017

Fitness

I had been telling the family all week on Christmas Eve I just wanted to go for a run. It was on my list of things that I wanted to do. I woke up early that day, did a few things around the house and headed out for a run. At first I was just going to go for 2 miles, but then I decided to do 3 at the end. 

The first mile was fine, but then I wanted to just stop after that. I started thinking of the tamales my mother-in-law was bringing over in a couple hours. That kept me going. I am not sure if that is good or bad. lol 

I ate some non-Paleo foods on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Ugh! I am not sure I will do that again in the future. I was so sick. Dairy just is awful for me. I can do sugar and gluten once in awhile, but dairy is a no go for me period! I didn't eat any gluten. I did eat corn which is something I do allow myself to have once in awhile. 



I found a paper where I had wrote down my measurements from January 1, 2015. I decided to take my measurements the other day to see how I had done. I have lost 45 pounds and 38 inches in the past 2 years. The inches is what got to me. George was only 32 inches at his last appointment. I have lost 6 additional inches than the height of George. That is just craziness!

Getting in shape is not a sprint. You have to take it one day at a time. There have been days I haven't been able to exercise. I just do what I can do each day. 

0 comments :