Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Guest Blogger Storm from CulinaryStorm!

Hello everyone! My name is Storm and I blog over at culinarystorm
I feel very lucky to be able to guest blog here at "Because Chocolate Can't Get You Pregnant", through a 20sb (www.20somethingbloggers.com) blog swap, and say hello to Becky’s lovely readers.

I wanted to share my summer break experience this year with you all. I live in New Delhi, India where it gets super sweltering in the months between April and August. A common summer escape is the hills, where it is cool and breezy and wonderful.

Last week I made my third trip this summer to Nainital, a small town in the state of Uttarakhand (in Northern India). A beautiful place, with a lake in the centre of the town, Nainital is a popular tourist spot for its stunning natural sights and rather romantic weather.

There are dreamy, misty mountains.

Gloriously blue skies. 


Flowers that instantly improve your mood.


Old churches, steeped in history.


The smell of fresh bread baking.


The beautiful lake, studded with colourful boats.


I spent three whole days doing the following:

Drinking hot, steaming, sweet tea every couple of hours.

Eating delicious baked goodies, fresh from the oven.

Wondering how my appetite expands when I’m in the hills.

Sleeping at odd hours of the day and not feeling guilty.

Staring at the sheer beauty of nature in the rain, clouds, mist, and mountains.

As you can see, I had a rather wonderful time :)

What do you usually do in the summer? I’d love to hear about it!
 
 
 

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becky! This was so much fun :)

Crazy Town ND said...

How very interesting!!! Mom

Woody said...

Wow, Nainital sounds/looks amazing! The church and lakes looks incredible.

Mahesha said...

wow that sounds like a perfect summer getaway. I'm definitely visiting Nainital next time I go to India :)