Monday, August 15, 2011

The Journey Continues

I started my weight loss journey around the first of May 2011.  The goal I set in July was to lose 60 pounds by the end of the year. I thought it was a goal that probably could not be reached, but I was going to do my best to reach my goal! 

On July 3 I started Phase 1 of the HCG diet.  I had hoped to lose 15-20 pounds in 21 days.  July 5 I started Phase 2.  I had prepared myself mentally for a couple weeks that this diet would be hard core. I kept in my mind it is only 21 days of my life, which is a blip in my lifetime.  

I lost 10.9 pounds between May 1 and July 4.  I then lost 21 pounds between July 5-25.  I was ecstatic that I had lost 32 pounds total.  I didn't anticipating to lose anymore weight during Phase 3.  My goal was just to maintain my weight loss and not gain any weight back.  The first couple days of Phase 3 was nerve wracking.  I was scared if I ate too many calories that the pounds would find their way back.  I stuck to what I had learned on Phase 2.  Slowly added additional calories and dairy.  The pounds were staying off.

We then took our vacation to Vegas during Phase 3.  I was determined I would stick to Phase 3 eating plan.  I did it!  I didn't cheat one time.  We walked a million miles while we were in Vegas! Vegas was the start of my exercising again.  I came back from Vegas and have exercised daily except Sundays.  Sundays are my rest days.  The pounds have continued to come off during Phase 3. 

I have finished 2 months of counting calories, 21 days on Phase 2 and 21 days on Phase 3 with a GRAND total weight loss of 38.2 pounds total.  My goal is to lose 35 pounds by the end of the year.

I feel I have a new outlook on what I eat and what my body can handle.  My body does not process sugar or carbs well at all.  I have learned that I have to watch the amount of sugar/carbs I take in for the rest of my life. Water is essential!  I have more energy that I have ever had. The best part is I can go shopping from the racks clothing stores.  I am not forced to only shop in plus size stores. I tried on a pair of pants at Old Navy & they were too big. WHAT?!?! I was skipping out to the rack to get a smaller size!

The journey continues!



4 comments :

LWLH said...

That is awesome, you look amazing girl! :)

Kendra said...

Wow! Keep up the good work! Your goal is close!

Crazy Town ND said...

You are my inspiration...you look great!! Your smile is brighter!! Hugs, Mom

gracie@ohgraciepie said...

AWESOME!!! So glad I could share the secret to weight loss! I am thinking of doing another round at the end of summer too. Great job at sticking to it girl!!