Sunday, August 7, 2011

SALAD SALAD SALAD!

On Menu Monday I mentioned 2 salads I made for Sammy's Party.  Here are the salads & the recipes.  

The salad below had red leaf lettuce on the bottom with blue cheese, avacado, red onion, tomato and egg on the top.  I mixed it all together right before we ate. I love this salad because you can lay so many different veggies, cheeses or meat on the top.

The corn salad below was a new recipe I got from Tator Tot & Jello.


Fresh Summer Corn Salad:

 
•8 ears sweet corn OR 4 cups of frozen corn
•1 large red pepper, chopped
•1 red onion, minced
•3 large tomatoes, chopped, or 25 mini tomatoes, cut in half
•1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
•1/3 cup lime juice
•1/3cup olive oil
•Salt and pepper to taste

1. Cut the fresh corn off the cob or add the frozen corn to the pot and steam for 3 to 5 minutes in 1/4 cup water.

2. Remove lid and cook, stirring, 2 minutes more or until water evaporates.

3. Toss the corn with all other ingredients and chill.



2 comments :

LWLH said...

I'm not much of a salad person but that does look good :)

Crazy Town ND said...

They both look delicious!!!