Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Lavender & Frankincense Oils

I have struggled with sleeping since I had my thyroid removed. I have a hard time falling asleep, staying asleep and any bright lights. I sleep so sensitive now it is rather frustrating. Melatonin helps me at times. It will work for a week or so then all of a sudden it does the opposite. It will cause me to be WIDE awake. Very irritating. 

Recently I bought some roller balls to put oils in. I made one up with oil, lavender and frankincense. If I put it on the bottom of my feet about 30 minutes before bed it relaxes me and I go right to sleep. I am always looking for natural ways to help me sleep. 

Frankincense can help with MS symptoms because it aids with the blood flow. MS is another lovely thing that causes a ruckus with getting sleep. Between the thyroid and MS issues I don't think I would ever sleep. I wish I had known about some of these tips back when G was first born. When he would lay down for a nap I couldn't sleep. There were times I would toss and turn for the 2 hours he napped. When I would start to fall asleep he would wake up. 

I wish I would have been open to trying oils and sleep masks back then. I think I could have possibly avoid another MS attack. 

1 comments :

julie witte said...

I am so glad the oils are helping you. I love using my essential oils!