Monday, October 3, 2016

Menu Monday

I am back to cooking 3 meals a day for all of us. I pack Art's breakfast and lunch for him each day. Most of the time he takes fruit and cottage cheese or fruit and eggs for breakfast. Lunch he takes a sandwich. He is starting Whole 30 today, so now the meals will change for him. My goal is to make double the food the night before, so there are leftovers for lunch the next day. 

Breakfast will be simple. Bacon and eggs. Or an egg bake with veggies. 

Here is what I have on the menu for dinner this week. 

Cuban Pork Chops
Maple Bacon Chicken
Sweet Potato Skillet
Greek Meatballs with a Greek Salad
Burrito Bowls - Cauli rice, leftover pork from the freezer, tomatoes from our garden and avocados

I usually have salad, kale, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage on hand. I will grab other veggies I see at the farmers market that I think will go with our meals. It all just depends what is in season and they have available. 

I really like to have sauteed kale with tomatoes with my bacon and eggs for breakfast! Those flavors together are just delish!  Some mornings I will make myself a bulletproof coffee and not eat anything else. That coffee really fills me up. I use organic full fat canned coconut milk and ghee. I throw it all in the mixer and blend it for a couple seconds. It is so frothy and delicious! 


0 comments :