Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Trying to Sleep with a Toddler!

One of my fears about motherhood was the lack of sleep. Sleep has always been a big deal for me my entire life. As a kid I had friends who could stay up all night at a sleep over and party the next day. Not me!  I remember one time I stayed up for hours at night around 7-8 yrs old. The next day I was sleeping in the car, unable to get out to play just exhausted.  I might be able to get less sleep one night but I'm a zombie, crabby and off to bed early the next day. 

I've made it through 2+ years of motherhood. The lack of sleep has been a tough one. The other night G was woke up around 1:30 and decided it was time to party. He was up for 2 hours tossing and turning. Wanting milk, wanted to watch a show, needed cuddles. At one point I was rocking him. I tried to soak in the moment. He would never be this size again. In 15 years I will want to go back to this moment. 

Usually when I first get woke up I get mad. Art can go back to sleep in 2 seconds. I get woke up then I'm up for a minimum of 2 hours. Oh it's infuriating!!! I don't know how you go from talking to snoring in 2 seconds. It's really a gift. 

The next day after this middle of the night partying ruckus G was down for a nap at 11:30a. I couldn't even keep him awake after his nap. He crashed for another hour. I crashed that night at 7:30p. I went to lay in bed, Art came in turned off the lights and closed the door. Thank you Jesus!  I briefly got woke up to G coming in to bed, saying baba and telling Art goodnight. The kid put himself to bed! 

One day he will be 10 and won't want me to hold him, so I'm going to soak up these moments. 



0 comments :