Friday, March 23, 2012

Ethopian Food

A couple months back I went to dinner with a couple friends. One of them was talking about Ethiopian Food and how delicious it was. Well I got curious and told her I wanted to try it. A couple weeks ago we met for Ethiopian food. We went to Addis Restaurant in Berkeley.

It was amazing! The food is all put on one platter and serve with bread. The bread is used as your utensil.  The bread is round like a tortilla, but it has a spongy texture. Here is what we had for dinner:

TIBS
Tender pieces of chicken sautéed in Addis’s seasoned butter with onions, garlic, rosemary, and fresh herbs.

ATER KIK
Split peas cooked slowly in a blend of spices, onions, garlic, turmeric, and herbed oil.


I am not sure what the third thing was called, but it was
Chunks of carrots and green beans cooked slowly in a blend of spices, onions, garlic, turmeric, and herbed oil.

I can't wait to go back again and try some other items on the menu!




2 comments :

Krystal R said...

Hmmmm, this is on my to-do list to try. I'm so happy that you have a new friend. Plus, you forgot to include why you guys met. To surprise me!!!!!!!! I seriously can't believe the two of you were so sneaky on me!!!!!!!! YUM!!! I wish I was there to eat this up with you two.

Maria said...

Wow !!! looks amazing ! Don't think I have ever eatin that ! I love Indian food ! and love to try new things ! :-)