Monday, October 7, 2013

My Love for Essie Continues....


I have talked numerous times on my blog about my love for Essie nail polish. I first blogged about Essie back in November 2010, April 2012 and April 2013. My favorite color of all Essie polishes is Fiji. I love the pink color! I wear it the most. The first color I bought was Ballet Slippers by Essie. I have had the bottle for at least 4-5 years. Ridiculous that it stills lasts for 6-8 days after 4-5 years. 

I am always trying to find a way for polish to last longer. My record with Essie has been 5 days before chips start happening. Well I have found a way to make it last 8 days. Below is a picture of my nails on day 8. 

Color: Essie Ballet Slippers

Day 1:
base coat
color
top coat

Day 3:
top coat
Adding the top coat a couple days later really helps your polish stay on. I love how glossy and smooth your nails feel after. 

Day 8: 
see picture above 
I had a little chipping on my thumbs and it started to wear around the cuticles. 

I was thinking of getting gel products to help my polish last for 2 weeks. I have decided against it since I can get the Essie regular polishes to last 8 days. After 8 days I am getting sick of the color and feel my nails need a little rest. Rumor has it Essie is coming out with a gel line in October. 


0 comments :