Friday, June 23, 2017

Birthday Boxes for Foster Kids!

I have been working with Together We Rise for a couple months on a new program they are offering Birthday Boxes for Foster Kids

Recently my cousin became a foster parent. Foster kids have become very dear to my heart as she has gone through the process of becoming a foster parent. Then a friend that lives by me recently started the process of becoming a foster parent. Hearing about all these kids who don't have a safe home honestly breaks my heart. I wish I could fill up my house with kids who need a loving home. 

The past few years we have donated clothes, school supplies and toys to foster kids. I can't take in a bunch of kids, but I can help make sure they have the things they need. I decided I wanted to raise money for birthday boxes for foster kids because birthdays are such a BIG thing for me! 

There are over 1.6 million people that live in my county. There are only 200 foster homes in my county. One hundred of those homes only will take foster to adopt children. Only 20 of the 100 remaining homes will take in teenagers. Those statics are heartbreaking!!! 

I am raising $750, so 30 foster kids can have a birthday box. The boxes come with tissue paper, a crown, noise maker, blow horn, birthday banner, squirt animal, birthday card, stickers, candles, candy, 5 party poppers, 5 balloons and gift card for ice cream.  

How did I come up with doing 30 boxes? Earlier this year my dear friend Adriana was killed. She talked to me often about how one day she would become a foster parent. Foster kids were always very near and dear to heart. On July 14 she would have turned 30 years old. I have been wanting to do something to honor her 30th birthday and this is the perfect way! 




The birthday boxes will stay in my area near where Adriana lived. Together we can help make 30 kids birthdays! Any donation amount will help me reach my goal. If you can only give $5 that is amazing! 

Once I have reached my goal Together We Rise will send me the supplies to make 30 birthday boxes. I will then put the boxes together and Together We Rise will help find the 30 kids for me to take the boxes too. 100% of your donation will go to foster kids! Together we rise is a 501 (c)3 non-profit that helps kids in foster care 2008-2017. 

If are you interested in more information on Together We Rise click HERE

Donate HERE

I hope you can join in me in honoring my beloved Adriana by donating to the foster kids birthday boxes. 



0 comments :