Friday, June 9, 2017

Homemade Sea Salt Spray!

I have been straightening my hair for the most part since I cut it back in February. Once in awhile I will curl it with big loose curls. And a lot of time I just throw it back in a ponytail. Ok let's just be honest it's in a ponytail the majority of the time. The shorter my hair the less I do it.

I have been wanting to make my own sea salt spray. I have seen recipes on Pinterest how to make your own. I can't handle the sea salt sprays from the store because of the fragrances in products. I will get an instant headache and sometimes a migraine. If you don't want to make a sea salt spray BeautyCounter and Honest Beauty each sell one. I didn't want to spend $18-26 for a spray I felt I could make at home. I also wasn't 100% sure I would like the spray, so another reason I didn't want to spend the money.

I had a travel size spray bottle that wasn't being used. I put a little under a tablespoon of sea salt and BeautyCounter kids conditioner each into the travel size spray bottle. I filled up the rest of the bottle with water. I shook it all together really well. I let it sit on my counter for a couple days. The mixture doesn't stay incorporated very well while it is sitting on the counter. Before I used the spray I shook it really well, so everything mixes again.

I washed my hair in the morning, left a towel wrapped around my hair while I put my make up on, brushed it out after I was ready, scrunched the ends and then I sprayed it with my homemade sea salt spray.



Here are the results from the spray after my hair had dried.  I really like the results. My hair isn't stiff like when you use hair gels hair spray. It was very easy to make! I can't imagine it cost me more than a $1 to make. I already had all the items in my house, so I was using things I had. 

Recipe:

2.6 ounces squirt bottle
1 tablespoon conditioner
1 tablespoon sea salt
Fill bottle with water once you have added the conditioner and sea salt. 
Shake to mix all ingredients prior to each use. 

You can also use this mixture to help bring back hair you have curled the day before. Spray it lightly after you have combed your hair. Scrunch the ends and revive your loose curls. 

Let me know if you make your own sea salt spray and how it works for you! Have a great weekend! 

Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions are my own. The post Homemade Sea Salt Spray appeared first on Because Chocolate Can't Get You Pregnant.  

0 comments :