Wednesday, June 21, 2017

My Skin Care Routine

As many of you know I sell BeautyCounter. I love the majority of their products! I really love that they are safe for everyone and non-gender products. When I used products in the past I felt I had to wash my hands or not touch G until I was sure the product wouldn't transfer onto him. Now why I didn't think well maybe that isn't safe for me I am not sure. I don't worry now if he gets into the products at all. He has been known to put some cream on his face or neck. 

I have always been very simple when it comes to a skin care routine. I didn't use anything other than soap on my face until the past year. I would wash my face and that was it. Now I have a routine I follow morning and evening. It is quick and simple. Sure I could spend lots of time using different products, but honestly I don't want to spend the time on that stuff. I want something that is light weight, simple and quick. That is how this routine has come into play. 


Morning Routine:


Foaming Face Wash


I make my own face wash. I think I started using this early last year. My sister made me a batch and I fell in love with it. Lacey bought me the foaming soap container I think at the dollar store. I just use the same one. I make the face wash and refill my container. I keep the extra in a glass Mason jar in my bathroom cabinet. You can find foaming soap containers on Amazon


1/2 cup unscented Castile soap

2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
1 cup of water

I make a double batch at one time. I put it all into a mason jar, shake it up and then fill my foaming soap container. You can add essential oils to the mixture if you would like scented soap. I don't like a scented soap, so I don't add any. If you don't like almond oil you can always use aloe vera gel, witch hazel or jojoba oil. I looked for an organic oil on Amazon, so that is how I ended up with almond oil.  I like the almond oil best for my skin since I feel it also moisturizing. If I skip applying a moisturizer I don't feel like my skin feels dry at all. 


I have tried BeautyCounter face washes. I have nothing against them. They work great for my skin. I just choose to make this one since it is so reasonable and easy to make. If you are looking for some safe nontoxic cleansers go HERE


Day Time Moisturizer


I use BeautyCounter Nourishing Day Cream. I got my cream in October and I am still using the same bottle. I use it at least 6 days a week. I have given samples out of it too. It lasts a long time! I am going on month 8 using the same bottle. Some people may feel that $43 for a moisturizer is a lot to spend. If you break it down that is only a little over $5 a month. I only use one pump for my entire face. A little goes a very long way! My face doesn't feel greasy either. It soaks into my skin very well. 


Depending on how my skin is feeling I use the No. 3 Balancing Oil by BeautyCounter. I maybe use this a couple times a week or at night. In the winter this stuff is amazing when the cold weather zaps the moisture out of your skin. I don't suffer with dry skin in the winter very much since our temperatures doesn't get bitter cold. When there is changes in the weather my skin does change a little. I have found I reach for this more in the summer. When I have gotten more sun on my face than I like it's great to hydrate it.  Yes, this does seem pricey. Again I am still on the same bottle since October. I had some people take massive sample out of my bottle one time. I think 3 people took over half my bottle. So essentially I have been using half a bottle for 8 months. I use 3 drops to on my entire face. 


I do not put sunscreen on my face or use a moisturizer with SPF. If I am going to be outside I will use the BeautyCounter Protect Stick Sunscreen. I had a long talk with a friend who has melanoma about using sunscreen on a daily basis. He told me to only use it when I am going to be out in the sun for a lengthy period of time. He suggested not using it daily and exposing your skin to additional chemicals. I trust him, so I have gone with his advice.  


Eye Creams


My very first product I bought from BeautyCounter was the Nourishing Eye Cream that was being sold by Target. I am STILL using the same one. I use a tiny little bit under each eye before I apply my concealer. I notice such a difference when I apply my concealer. It blends in so much easier. 


I have used the Rejuvenating Eye Cream on and off for a few months. This stuff really helps reduce dark under eye circles. I can't use this product every day or I tend to get some dry spots. Some people have a reaction to the caffeine and algae in the product. I don't have any issues if I use it every other day or even once a day. Again I just use a little tiny bit. I have found it works best for me at night instead of layering it under my concealer. 


So that is my morning routine. After I put on these products then I apply my make up. I usually give my face a minute or two to absorb everything before I start putting on my make up. 


Evening Routine: You will find my evening routine is almost the same as the day. 


Eye Make Up Remover


I use coconut oil to remove my eye make up each night! I keep a little container of it in my bathroom next to my foaming face wash. I take about dime size amount out, melt it between my fingers then I gently rub my fingers over my eyes to get the eyebrow, eyeliner and mascara to come off. I look like a raccoon after I have put the coconut oil over my eyes. I gently wipe it off with a wash cloth. 


I buy a huge container from Costco every few months for $20. I keep the big container in my kitchen cabinet.  No harmful chemicals in this stuff. It also moisturizes around my eyes as I take off my make up. 


I wash my face then with the foaming face wash from above. 


Night Time Moisturizer


I use BeautyCounter's Nourishing Night Cream. I use one pump all over my face. I will use the No. 3 Balancing Oil by BeautyCounter more at night than I do during the day. Again all depends how my face is feeling. The night cream runs $47 a bottle. Again I have been using the same bottle for 8 months and I have given samples of this product out to numerous people. I have also let a few friends use my moisturizers for a few days to try them. 


Then I follow the same eye cream routine as I mentioned above. 


Once a week I will also do the No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask. This product is the same as the charcoal face mask I have talked about a lot on social media. I love this product! It really helps breakouts and blackheads just disappear! You can get 30+ masks out of one bottle. Have I said I love this stuff?!?! If there is one product to try I highly suggest trying this one first! 


This is my simple skin care routine I follow on a daily basis. I wash my face every morning and evening. I don't ever go to bed with make up on my face. There have been times I have fallen asleep with G with make up on my face, but I end up waking up and I must wash my face. I just don't like the feeling of eye make up on when I am sleeping. 


I rarely have breakouts anymore. I use to have a lot of breakouts prior to starting this routine and skin care products. I started selling these products only because of the great results I had after trying them out! If there are any products you would like to try, please let me know and I would be happy to send you some samples. 


Below are the products I use along with the links. I have linked the products above too. 


Nourishing Day Cream


Nourishing Night Cream

Nourishing Eye Cream

Rejuvenating Eye Cream

No. 3 Balancing Face Oil

No. 3 Balancing Face Mask

Protect Stick Sunscreen

Website for All BeautyCounter Products


0 comments :