Thursday, February 21, 2013

Juicing

I started juicing last week and boy was it an adventure! I did a lot of experimenting with different veggies and fruits. I found somethings I like and other things that are awful! I learned I do not like celery in my juice. Oh my lord it gives it a bitter taste. I cut out the celery and the juice was a TON better. Then I realized I don't like tomato juice in with my green juice. Leave out the celery and tomatoes.





Day 1 I followed this recipe, but I cut it in half. It was perfect for one person.
1 bunch kale
1 bunch spinach
1 cucumber
2 carrots
2 apples
2 tomatoes
4 stalks celery
1 jalapeno

There was no kick or taste of the jalapeno. I was expecting a little bit of spice, but nope. 
It wasn't exactly my favorite, but it was also the first juice I ever made. I think a lot of it has to do with changing my taste buds. I will try this again without the celery and tomatoes. The first day I felt like I was burping up grass all day long. lol That went away after the first day. My body has to adjust to the crazy juices. 


Late Night Snack
Art asked if I was going to make any juice for him. I told him I would make him a juice one night for a night snack. What a better snack then fruit and veggies?  He cracked me up because each drink he took it was like taking a shot. He told me he had to shoot it down to avoid the taste. 




I drank mine so fast I didn't even remember to take a picture. This was my favorite juice! I had to take a picture of Art juice he was slowly shooting down. 

I just grabbed stuff out of the fridge and juiced it - Kale, spinach, apple, pear, strawberries, carrot, sliver of ginger & cucumber


Fruit Juice
The most sweet and easiest drink was a fruity drink. Of course it was a favorite because it was sweet. 


strawberries, carrots, pineapple, and mixed frozen berries. I just threw this one in my blender with a little water. I kept blending it until everything was super fine. 

I juiced 4 out of 7 days. I thought it went a lot better than I expected. I plan to keep juicing for breakfast. I also drink a cup of warm lemon water. I have stopped drinking tea and coffee for awhile. I haven't missed any of the caffeine.

We bought our juicer at Target a few years back. It isn't anything fancy or expensive. To start I recommend buying something cheap. If you continue to juice then upgrade. I don't think you should spend a couple hundred bucks on a juicer if you aren't going to use it all the time. That is just my 2 cents. 





0 comments :