Sunday, February 10, 2013

Unanswered Prayers

The other day I was laying on the couch thinking of some unanswered prayers I'm thankful stayed unanswered. Have you ever listen to Garth Brooks Unanswered Prayers? It's a great song!

I'm thankful for all the crazy exs that stayed unanswered prayers. God really has blessed me with an amazing husband. We've had our bump in the road just like everyone else. He has taken such great care of me over the past 3 weeks. Stood by my side, been my cheer leader, remained positive through numerous tough doctor appointments, sat by me in the hospital, took care of me after surgery and loved me each step of the way. He takes away the stress of all this cancer.

My normal process after I leave the doctor and get some tough news is I cry on the way home. That's my time to think the worst, get my emotions out, and have a woe is me moment. Art sits by as I have my moment using crying away. Then he reminds me of the what ifs, the positive things, how God is going to get us through this and cancer won't beat me. I go through these emotions before I call my family & friends to give them an update. By the time I make my phone calls I feel positive again.

I made the mistake of not going through my process when my mom was visiting after a rough doctor appointment. I got soooo angry on the way home I yelled at her. Instead of yelling I should have let myself cry. I didn't want my mom to see me cry or not be strong. Instead it backfired on me.

Another unanswered prayer was my job. I had been looking for a new job. A place I interviewed with started dragging their feet in November. I got irritated with why weren't things working out. Why wasn't God answering my prayer? Well thank goodness that prayer wasn't answered. I needed my Cadillac insurance plan. We have only paid $20 for all the doctor appointments, surgery, hospital, prescriptions, lab work etc. Yes, that is right twenty dollars!!! I pay a large amount each month for insurance, but in the long run its paid for itself.  It would have been awful to start a new job & go through cancer. We could have switched to Art insurance, but would have had hefty co-pays.

Those are the 2 major unanswered prayers that come to mind. Some times we get frustrated with the fact we feel God is ignoring us. In reality he knows what is better for us in the long run. I have stepped back lately to look at the bigger picture. 

Psalm 27:14 (KJV)
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

2 comments :

Emily said...

I'm not sure I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I am certainly glad that things work out as they have. I admire your great perspective on life. Keep up the positive attitude!

Kendra said...

Great message! You have a great testimony!