Monday, February 25, 2013

Quinoa salad


I found a fabulous new quinoa salad recipe. It is super easy and yummy. We took this a couple times last week for lunches. I would eat it with carrots and a pudding. I think we got 6 servings out of the recipe below. 
Ingredients
  • 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
  • 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
  • 1 3/4 cup water
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 avocado, chopped into chunks
  • handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 small clove garlic, minced
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped into chunks
  • small handful cilantro, diced
  • 1 limes, juiced
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil
  • salt, to taste
Directions
  1. I cook my quinoa in my rice cooker. I added the chicken bullion to the water for a little extra flavor. If you follow in the instructions from the website it says to toast your quinoa in coconut oil first. I skipped that step. 
  2. Let the quinoa cool for about five minutes and then add all the  ingredients. I added a little salt and pepper before I ate it.


0 comments :