Friday, April 11, 2014

Gender Reveal

On April 5 we went & had a ultrasound to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. I set up a poll to let our friends and family guess what they thought. It was 48% girl and 52% boy. In my gut I had felt it was a boy since the beginning. I had been praying for 5 years for a boy. I just knew it was going to be a boy because why would God give us a girl after all the begging I had done for a boy. lol  The week of the ultrasound I started to question if really was a boy. I prepared myself for a girl. I thought well maybe we will have a girl because then we will have a second. 

The week before the ultrasound I counted Cassie at La Douce Vie Cupcakery  to make gender reveal cupcakes. We planned to tell Art's parents, Amber and Marcus Saturday evening after Amber & Marcus got off work. I thought it would be fun for them to find out after they bit into a cupcake and found pink or blue. 

The cupcakes and cake below were made by Cassie. Vanilla cupcakes with a chocolate gnash center and butter cream frosting. mmmmm they were soooo yummy! The cake was AMAZING! I ate the cake about 4 days after it was made. The center was still very moist and oh so yummy. How cute are those bees? Kaleb thought the bees were candy for him to eat. He took a bite off one of the bees. lol



Amber bit into the first cupcake and saw the center was a BLUE! She yelled I knew it I knew it. Now Marcus you owe me $20. lol 


It's a BOY

We are so excited for our little son to be born! We are busy preparing for his arrival in September!



1 comments :

Kellys Reality said...

Oh I love this!!! So excited for you guys :) You look beautiful in this picture too-pregnancy looks good on you.