Monday, April 21, 2014

Menu Monday

It is time to pull out the crockpot again this week. 

Orange Chicken - I am going to put chicken thighs in the crockpot, pour Panda Express orange sauce over the chicken and cook for a few hours. I will serve with rice & steamed veggies.

BBQ Chicken - Same thing as above but using BBQ sauce. 

BBQ Chicken Pizza - I will use leftover BBQ chicken

Costco Pineapple Sausages - I recently picked these up and they are super yummy!

I bought 5 pounds of chicken thighs at Costco 2 weeks ago, so it is time to use them. Art is going to be chickened out by the end of the week. My goal is to make enough to have leftovers for lunches. 

I recently started doing a lot of shopping at Costco. Their prices are just so much better than the grocery store. I can buy enough sour cream for a month for less than I would pay for 2 grocery trips. Same with mayo and veggies. 

Sammy especially loves it when I go to Costco to buy rotisserie chicken. He gets very excited when he comes home to smell "his" chicken. He thinks this chicken is all for him. He will walk around the kitchen whining each night until he gets chicken. Sometimes he doesn't feel it is enough, so he whines & whines for more. If he doesn't get chicken in his food he will go on a hunger strike. We have created a monster! I didn't buy a chicken this week manly because I am sick of it. When Bing Bong is born I think I will send someone to Costco to buy a chicken for Sammy. That should help him transition. lol

0 comments :