Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chipotle Chicken Tacos

My friend Krystal tried the Chipotle Chicken Tacos from the Belly Fat Cure book and recommended I try them.  We are both doing the BFC together.  She has been doing it for 2.5 weeks and lost 3.5 pounds.  WAY TO GO!!!!  Chipotle Chicken Tacos are super easy to make and DELISH!!!!  You don't even know you are missing any sugar/carbs. 

I do most of my cooking on Sunday for the week.  I marinated the chicken while I was cooking breakfast and other meals for the week.  Later in the day I cooked the chicken, let it cool, put it in the fridge for later on in the week.  I love cooking for about 2-3 hours on Sunday for the entire week.  I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner.  We grab out food out of the fridge during the week.  When it comes time to dinner it's easy to heat up the items and have dinner within 15-20 minutes.  We normally leave the house around 6:30am and get home around 6/6:30pm.  In order to avoid eating out I cook ahead. 

Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Adapted from Belly Fat Cure
Tacos:
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
juice of 1 lime, plus zest
4 chicken breasts
8 (6 inch) Mission Yellow Corn Tortillas
1 cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup mixed greens

Chipotle crema:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon, minced garlic
1 lime, juiced
1 Tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce


Preparation:
Prepare the tacos; mix together the olive oil, cumin, lime, and zest together in a large ziploc bag. Add chicken breasts and let marinate for at least 20 minutes.

Preheat a large skillet preferably with grill marks to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. Place the chicken breasts on the skillet and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove and dice into 1 inch pieces and place in a serving platter.


Prepare the chipotle crema; Combine all the ingredients in a small food processor and mix thoroughly.



2 comments :

Unknown said...

these tacos sound AMAZING! I am going to have to try them!

Krystal R said...

XXOO, love you bestie!