Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I can't believe the following words came out of my mouth!

I can't believe I am about to admit this.....We are officially owners of Crocs. I never ever ever thought I would say those words. I have HATED Crocs for YEARS!!!! I have even wondered if I could be friends with people who wore them.

Have you gone to a Croc store or looked at them online lately?  Well the styles have drastically changed.  They now have other styles beside the generic horrifically ugly clogs. I despise the clogs, but I have been told I will change my mind when I have kids. I guess they are the greatest things for kids to put on. lalalalalala I can't hear you!

Back to being the owners of Crocs. A couple weeks ago Art and I went shoe shopping for him. We were at Sports Authority. I was walking around the store searching for shoes for him to try on. I came back to where he was to find him with a pair of Crocs in his hand. I almost lost it right then and there.

I told him PUT THOSE BACK and DON'T EVER TOUCH THEM AGAIN. Then I got a lecture about how he just had tried on the most comfortable shoes in his LIFE! Then Art got a lecture about how unstylish, horrendous and UGLY those things are. We went round and round about the Crocs. I have heard about them for a few weeks.

I showed Art a few styles of Crocs online that would be acceptable. BUT the clog type would NEVER be acceptable. Art tried to talk me into the clogs to wear in the backyard. NO WAY!

Zulily had Crocs on sale. I saw a cute pair of leopard Crocs and a pair for Art that would be acceptable.  We were going to the outlet mall that has a Croc store. I told Art lets go inside to try on the styles we like. If they fit I will order them online. Lord have mercy....Art bought his first pair of the Santa Cruz style.



On the drive home Art tried on his new shoes. He took a picture of them and sent it to numerous family and friends. He kept going on and on about how they are the most comfortable shoes EVER! He told me he was upset I have neglected him for the past 4 years of wearing comfortable shoes.


When I got home I checked out Zulily again. They still had the leopard shoes in my size. I am glad I tried them on because I need a size smaller than normal. I also ordered Art another pair of his most favorite shoes EVER! I was able to buy 2 pairs on Zulily for the price Art paid for one pair at the outlet.


8 comments :

Kendra said...

Those are nice! Good deals!

Ash said...

My husband has those, and he wore them so much they are destroyed. He wants a new pair asap because of how much he loved them. They really dont' look anything like Crocs!

Krystal R said...

OMG!!! You and Art are owners of CROCS...I'm going to say a prayer because you just went crazy!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Nah, I bet they are comfortable. His shoes look really nice, and not your typical orange clog shoes that Mario Batali wears. I love your leapord ones...so sexy!!!!

julie said...

Those leopard ones are too cute!

gracie@ohgraciepie said...

Ugggh, i cant believe you went over to the dark side...

Crazy Town ND said...

I cannot believe you have crocs, too!!! LOL LOL Mom

LWLH said...

I've never owned Crocs but I have to admit those leopard ones are pretty cute.

Anonymous said...

wow, Beck. I think hell just froze over. You wearing Crocs -- how improbable.